Welcome to BCTC
Barrie Community Tennis Club is a volunteer run organization located at Queen’s Park in Barrie.
BCTC is now closed for the season.
BCTC COVID-19 Safety Plan
Organization name: Barrie Community Tennis Club
Revision Date: 05 July, 2021 – Date completed: 05 July, 2021
Developed by: BCTC Executive
Measures we’re taking
How we’re ensuring members know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19
- All court usage is scheduled and members complete of a COVID-19 screening assessment;
- Signage is posted to remind members of proper physical distancing 2m, hand sanitizing, proper sneezing/coughing protocols and group gathering guidelines;
- Executive will keep members up-to-date on all City of Barrie guidelines associated with the safe use of the courts;
- Executive will meet to review and implement all safety guidelines.
How we’re screening for COVID-19
- Club members are required to complete the Province’s website (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/?_ga=2.33484349.222044557.1624897650-1257011103.1614705218) and receive a negative result before stepping foot on a tennis court.
How we’re controlling the risk of transmission in our tennis club
- The clubhouse is closed for the season;
- Members must respect the 2m physical distancing at all times on the courts and outside the courts;
- Masks are mandatory when the 2m distancing cannot be maintained;
- Members to follow safety protocols when moving on and off court. A 15 min transition time is scheduled;
- ONLY members play during club operating hours;
- Members to use sanitizer frequently, on and off the courts;
- Members are not to share equipment, and must sanitize their equipment, including racquets and water bottles;
- A weekly e-mail is sent to members to reinforce all health and safety protocols.
What we will do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to COVID-19 at our tennis club
Executive/members to follow the below protocol in the event someone at the club has COVID-19 symptoms:
- Have person return home and self-isolate;
- If unable to leave immediately, self-isolate at a distance from the courts until able to leave;
- Have the person return to the self-screening tool and complete the test and follow recommendations from the self-assessment application. Province’s website (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/?_ga=2.33484349.222044557.1624897650-1257011103.1614705218);
- If the person is very ill, call 911;
- Contact Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) at 1-877-721-7520;
- Follow Health Officials instructions on next steps;
- Close court on which member was playing;
Inform all members that may have been exposed to the ill person.
How we’re managing any risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate the club
- Review club operations and implement any City of Barrie and SMDHU guidelines as instructed. Inform members of any changes and address their concerns;
- Any changes brought forth to current operations by members will be reviewed by the Executive.
How we’re making sure our plan is working?
- Executive to evaluate the safety plan weekly and ensure concerns are considered as part of any changes;
- On-going communication with members on changes to Club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Marise, Kirk, Jay, Joanne, Shirley and Peter
Barrie Tennis Executive